Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Beads and Lace

It has been super sunny (so far) this week and I have been making the most of the beautiful weather by spending a lot of time sleeping in the garden! There is nothing better then wrapping yourself up in a gorgeous kimono and sleeping beneath the sun. I believe that a kimono is an essential item for any summer wardrobe. It can really add detail to any outfit whilst also keeping you warm in the cooler summer evenings.

I was on the look out for a kimono that would go with absolutely everything and instantly fell in love with this gorgeous one from Topshop. However, it was around £60 and I just couldn't justify spending that much money. Luckily for me it was added to the sale a few weeks later and I bought it for a lovely £25! That was a couple of years ago now, but lace kimonos can still be found in the shops and are perfect to add a bit of glamour to an outfit. I decided to wear mine with this beautiful beaded, cropped cami from Miss Selfridge which I bought new off eBay but cheap! Ebay is full of amazing outlet shops which sell new without tags high street brands for a fraction of the price so look out for them! I'm also wearing shorts from Primark (literally the only thing I own from Primark!) and Topshop chunky loafers which are super comfy. I love chunky heeled shoes because they make your legs look long whilst also being easy to walk in and not killing your feet. There is nothing worse then falling over in massive heels or having feet that are hurting and no spare shoes to change into. My sunglasses are by Jeepers Peepers and my oversized fendora hat is by Dents and was a gift from my amazing Auntie! Having a summer hat and sunglasses combo instantly, in my opinion, makes you look cooler and really adds to the summertime look.







 1. Cropped beaded cami, Miss Selfridge (from eBay), £24.99Available Here 
2. High waisted black shorts, Primark, £8
3. Long black lace kimono, Topshop, sale for £25, Similar Here 
4. "Jagg" Thick heel platform loafers, Topshop, £18 instead of £40 Similar Here 
5. Oversized fendora hat, Dents, giftSimilar Here 
6. "Frankie" sunglasses in "Tort", Jeepers Peepers, £16 Available Here 
What's great about this look is that it is easily adaptable for different occasions. Swap the shorts and shoes for a skirt and even bigger heels for an amazing nighttime look or change the shoes for sandals and add an over sized bag for even comfier daytime attire.


10 comments:

  1. Wow stunning outfit! I love the edgy feel to it yet it's very classy :) that top is gorgeous!

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww....you look so hot and beautiful in your outfit! The top and the long kimono are beyond gorgeous! Nice blog, I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” (blog followers), and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for the lovely comment! I've just started following you on blog lovin' :) Glad you are enjoying the blog! x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely deleted this by accident! But thank you very much for you comment and I have just started following your blog :)

      Delete
  4. Looking awesome, love the beaded top and that gorgeous kimono!
    Thanks for stopping by and following me, followed you back! xo
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great!!!

    http://thefashionprincessblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird