Friday, 18 July 2014

Graduation

So I finally became a proper, real life person this week. I had my graduation and finished 17 years of education. I had the best 3 years at university and have definitely learnt a lot and changed as a person.

Graduation is all about celebrating not having to do all-nighters any more, actually getting a social life back but most importantly the fact that education is finished forever and you now have a degree!

I struggled when trying to pick an outfit for the day but finally decided that simple and classy was best and opted for a white shift dress from Mango. I teamed this with my Jeffrey Campbell "Stunner platforms" which I bought on eBay for around £70 back in 2012 when they were first released (absolute bargain!) and my Lulu Guinness lip clutch which I was lucky enough to get given for my 21st Birthday. When I wasn't wearing my graduation robe I added a vintage orange jacket to keep me warm and add some extra colour to my outfit!




 


1. Mango Openwork Dress, Natural White. - Was £39.99, Now £24.99 Available Here (also available from House of Fraser and Mango)

2. Jeffrey Campbell "Stunner" platform shoes. - Bought on eBay second hand for around £70.Alternatives Here AND Here 3. Lulu Guinness Lip Clutch in Rose Gold. - Gift. Replica Versions Here
4. Lipstick - Kate Moss for Rimmel5. Rings - assorted
The dress that I wore was (of course) in the sale for only £24.99! I checked the website and it is still available in a few sizes but if they don't have it in your size I have compiled a selection of other gorgeous white shift dresses that are all super cheap and amazing for summer. The good thing about a shift dress is that it is timeless, summery and amazing to dress up with heels and a clutch for an evening or down with boots or sandals for the day time.
1. Mango Openwork Dress, Natural White. - Was £39.99, Now £24.99 Available Here (also available from House of Fraser and Mango)

2. Zara Sleeveless Shift Dress - Was £39.99, Now £17.99 Available Here

3. Next V - Neck Dress - £35 Available Here
4. Asos Shift Dress In Texture with Pockets - Was £45.00, Now £31.00 Available Here

Alternatively, if a shift dress isn't really your thing try wearing a simple top and skirt/short combo. I suggest to still keep it as simple as possible as you will have a gown to wear over the top anyway, but adding a bit of colour or decoration (Like this gorgeous sequined collar top from Sister Jane) will definitely make your outfit unique. Add some stand out accessories such as a colourful clutch or super cute platform shoes to add that finishing wow factor.


1. Sister Jane Crystal Bouquet Top, Was £52.00 Now £25.00 Available Here2. River Island Tan Chunky Buckle Platform Sandals, Was £65.00 Now £30.00 Available Here3.Warehouse Lucite Hard Diamond Clutch, Was £45.00 Now £15.00 Available Here4. Missguided Julka White Mesh Panel Midi Skirt £11.99 Available Here

My 3 top tips for dressing for graduation:

  1. Comfort is key. It's a long day and you will be spending a long time sitting down and then standing around posing for photos. Choose something that you will be comfy in, a really tight dress or short mini skirt will make the long ceremony seem even longer! Also comfy shoes are a must, you don't want to trip up on the way to collect your degree!
  2. Elegance is everything. You want to show all the parents watching that you are a proper adult now and look classy and sophisticated without looking bulky or complicated under your robe. Also your dress/top can't be too low cut as you need to be able to fasten the hood of your robe to it!
  3. Accessories, accessories, accessories!! Shoes, hair, makeup, bag and jewellery will really make your outfit. A lot of your outfit will be covered by your robe but these will all be seen. Remember you will be wearing a graduation hat so I recommend wearing your hair down, simple but striking makeup such as smokey eyes or bright lipstick will really make you look good in the millions of photos that get taken and bright coloured shoes and bag will add a bit of excitement to your outfit.


16 comments:

  1. Great blog! Congrats on your graduation!! :) love your outfit too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your graduation! that jacket is fab :) looking forward to seeing more outfit posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! More on the way this week :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Just started following you on bloglovin' :)

      Delete
  4. Hey dear, thank you so much for stopping by my blog ! You did a great job with yours, go on like this ;-)

    Very nice look for graduation and of course : congratulations ! ^^

    Http://lorallure.blogspot.com

    Love
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Congratulations!
    2. This outfit is life!! I want that jacket.

    Love this blog and iI like how you can tell you've put a lot of thought into it, looking forward to more posts!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I did try very hard with this post. Haha. Looking forward to more posts from you too :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird