Thursday, 31 July 2014

Studs and cigarettes.

The past weekend has been super busy here in Sheffield as Tramlines music festival hit the city. This is a 3 day festival that happens every year with numerous bands and parties playing/happening all over the city. This year bands, such as Public Enemy and The Cribs, played and I was lucky enough to sing as a back up singer to an amazing band called Screaming Maldini during their gig at Sheffield Cathedral. Music festivals are a great place to dress up and show off your favourite fashions and last weekend was no exception.

I have been really excited to write this post as last week I made an absolutely spectacular purchase that I have just been dying to show you! I have always loved the brand House of Holland but have never been able to afford the magically printed clothing that they produce. However, last week I managed to buy this absolutely gorgeous 100% silk cigarette print dress for a mere £20 off eBay instead of the RRP of £195! This may be one of my best bargains yet! The dress was in a new with tags condition and no one else bid on it (I really don't know why!). Ebay is a great place for cheap designer goods especially if you are patient and look out for things. I recommend having a saved search of your favourite designers and this will update every time someone places an item on eBay by that designer. That way you don't have to search through thousands of pages of items but get an instant update of items you might be interested in when someone lists them as an auction.

A t-shirt dress really is amazing as it is completely adaptable. Throw on a woolen jumper, chunky socks and boots for winter or wear it on its own with sandals for summer. It is so easy and comfy to wear and a bright colour or pattern like this one automatically makes you look stylish without even trying! I decided to match the glamorous pattern on mine with my beautiful Sam Edelman "Zoyla" boots which I also bought off eBay for a bargain price. My vintage bag was bought from an Oxfam in Bristol and although a few beads are missing I love it! And finally my gorgeous fly necklace was a graduation gift from my mum and is by Elizabeth and James. The studs in the accessories of this outfit really make it stand out and bring out the pattern of the dress.











Cigarette dress, House of Holland, was £195 now £20 off eBay
Zoyla Boots, Sam Edelman, was £210 now £66 off eBay
Beaded bag, Vintage, £4.25
Fly necklace, Elizabeth and James, Gift 
Prints are amazing to add excitement to any outfit and they are great for summer. There are so many available on the high street at the moment. Here are some of my favourites!
Clockwise from left:
Ice cream print bikini, Floozie, top was £26.50 now £21.20  Here bottoms was £16.50 now £13.20 Here
Seeing clear collared shirt, Forever 21, was £16.75 now £11.73 Available Here
Flamingo print bomber jacket,H! by Henry Holland, was £40 now £20 Available Here
Pinapple phone cover, Zara, £12.99 Available Here
Bike print dress, Sugarhill Boutique was £50 now £28 Available Here
Round polka dot sunglasses, Urban outfitters, was £16 now £5 Available Here
Doggy Scuba Skirt, H&M, £29.99 Available Here
Lemon fruit clutch, New Look, £9.99 Available Here




33 comments:

  1. Isn't eBay bloomin marvellous :) Yup I’m pretty much in love with this outfit. Back up singing...very cool!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eBay is literally the love of my life! And thank you :) I'm definitely not as cool as I try to be haha xx

      Delete
  2. i love your shoes! :) have a blessed week!~

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is so edgy and chic ! I love the prints and how you styled them !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit! Indeed that dress is gorgeous! Also loving the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally cannot believe what a bargain you got this dress for - ebay is amazing!!

    Really nicely styled too :) I went to sheffield recently to meadowhall and was sooo disappointed with the lack of summer clothes - there were jumper and coats everywhere! However that was last week when it was pure sunshine, now the rain & clouds are out ha!

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't believe I got it so cheap either! Thank you :) And Meadowhall is so, so rubbish! I really hate it. Everywhere has started stocking A/W 2014 stuff and I'm still just trying to enjoy the summer! The sun definitely needs to come back out though... xx

      Delete
  6. Great post!

    Would you like to follow eachother on GFC, google+ and blogovin?
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I have looked at your blog and i'm following you on bloglovin!

      Delete
  7. That's so cool that you got to sing as a back up singer, I'm insanely jealous! (oh, if only I could sing... haha!)
    This dress is such a gorgeous colour and what a bargain :) It's amazing the things you can find on Ebay sometimes, I've never been that lucky with my bargain hunting on there yet though!
    I've given you a follow on Bloglovin :)

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was as cool as I try to be! haha. But thank you :) eBay is my favourite place but it can be difficult/frustrating to find the right things. You just have to be really patient! And thank you very much for following! :)

      Delete
  8. Prints are so great for making an outfit pop more! I like that poodle skirt from H&M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And it is a great skirt. They have a matching top too!

      Delete
  9. I love this entire look. Your clutch & booties are such a stunner.Would
    you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Please lemme know!
    & keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've started following you on bloglovin' and GFC :)

      Delete
  10. Amazing post! And I love your blog:)
    I am now following you on Bloglovin, follow me back?:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191
    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those boots! I mean, the whole outfit is amazing, but I have a weak spot for studded boots, and these are perfection
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the boots too. They go with absolutely everything. And I'm going to go and read your blog now :)

      Delete
  12. your hair and makeup is flawless, and I love your bag!

    thanks for the comment on my blog, stay in touch and I'll give you some tips for Liverpool shopping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I will. I've got you on twitter now :)

      Delete
  13. Hi dear,
    You look fab with that dress!
    I just found your blog and it's great! Follow you right now, hope you can follow me back :)
    xx
    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. And I've checked out your blog too. Lovely. I'm following you back :) xx

      Delete
  14. Nice combination!The boots give it a twist!
    http://forthesakeofmakeup.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bag is so nice!! x

    www.diariesofe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! Still can't believe it was from a charity shop.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird