Thursday, 7 August 2014

Jeffrey and John

The weather this week has been ridiculous. One minute it is super sunny, the next it is raining and feels almost as if winter is here. I guess this is what summer in England is all about! I had planned to do a post about another outfit but when the time came, it was raining and definitely not sunny enough. However, as soon as I was about to leave the house to take photos the sun came out and my new outfit was suddenly inappropriate! So instead, I thought I would do a post on the perfect outfit for those less hot summer days (but one that is also great for the sun too!).











Studded white denim gilet, Topshop, Was £75 Now £30 Similar Here (Also look on eBay!)
Stripe crop top, Topshop, Was £16 Now £8 Similar Here
Black bubble hem midi skirt, Collard Manson, gift, £89 Available Here or Good Alternative Here
Tardy boots, Jeffrey Campbell, Was £118.64  Now £49.04 (sale from Nasty Gal)
Brown soft satchel, ASOS, £18 Similar Here
Round lennon glasses, H&M, £5.99 Similar Here
Silver "G" necklace, Sam Ubhi, Gift Similar Here
Seahorse necklace, Vintage, £5 Similar Here
Yellow watch, H! by Henry Holland, Was £12 Now £6 Similar Here
I decided (after the palava of changing a million times to suit the weather) to wear a striped crop top and white studded gilet both of which were from Topshop in the sale a few years ago. I love, love, love stripes and believe that anyone who wears them automatically looks more stylish. Blue and white stripes go really well with red lipstick and I decided to wear mine which is from the Kate Moss range of Rimmel London. I bought the white gilet for an absolute bargain a few years ago and although I'm not a massive fan of gilets as my arms frequently get cold, I have found that in summer they are great for adding that extra layer to an outfit and I love this one as it adds excitement and a grungy element to any outfit. I decided this outfit needed another summery touch and decided to wear my Jeffrey Campbell Tardy platform boots which are a nice summer yellow colour. I absolutely love these boots and have had them for a couple of years now. The platform makes them amazingly comfy and the heart and pony skin design really makes them stand out. They are great for the summer and the winter. Statement boots are a must for any wardrobe! On the other hand, if chunky boots aren't for you, team this outfit with some brown gladiator sandals for an even sunnier look.

Accessories are just as important as the clothes of any outfit and I decided that a statement necklace was definitely needed. I put on my Sam Ubhi initial necklace which I wear everyday and was a gift from my amazing twin sister and added my favourite necklace of the moment, my vintage seahorse necklace. I was so happy when I found this new little friend at a vintage market in Bath and I really haven't seen a similar one since. It is unique and adds a quirkiness to the outfit that I love. My everyday watch is from H! by Henry Holland at Debenhams and is digital because I can't tell the time very well... (apparently this isn't normal for a 21 year old...) I also added my floppy brown satchel from ASOS which I have had for about 5 years and is still in amazing condition! It is the perfect size and the strap is amazing because it can either be super long or shortened. The sun came out just as I left the house so I put on my round oversized John Lennon glasses that were from H&M.

I hope everyone is having a brilliant week! Thank you all for continuing to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. Next week I will be doing a final post before I go on holiday for a week to Spain! But expect holiday posts after that and bigger and better things to come!


6 comments:

  1. Great outfit dear!


    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, you look beautiful! I understand what you mean about the weather being so unpredictable lately too! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And even today the weather is being silly. Hope it gets nice and sunny again soon. Thank you so much for your comment and for following :) I will go and take a look at your blog now! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird