Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Marni and me.

One of my favourite fashion trends of all time (and the summer!) is block colours. As much as I love patterns, from stripes to polka dots to floral, I believe that anyone can look effortlessly classy if they stick some bold, block colours on. Sometimes simple is best and this week my life has been so busy flat hunting and sorting everything out for my holiday that I thought I would try and simplify it with my outfit!









Rib crop top, Topshop, £8 Available Here
Block colour shorts, Marni, Was around £250 Now £24.99 from T.K.Maxx
White canvas sandals, Topshop, Was £20 Now £2 Good Alternative Here  and Here 
Yellow watch, H! by Henry Holland, Was £12 Now £6 Similar Here
White is a brave colour to wear and can look absolutely amazing in the sun and give any outfit a really fresh feel. I find that adding a hint of colour to any mostly white outfit really helps to make it exciting and allows it to not look tacky. I chose to wear my wonderful Marni blue, black and white shorts which I was lucky enough to find in T.K.Maxx for a bargain price of £24.99 instead of around £250! I love the black detailing on them and they are super comfy to wear. I teamed these shorts with my white crop top from Topshop which I wear all the time as it goes with absolutely everything. Topshop is amazing for basics because they are reasonably priced but pretty good quality. I also wore my white canvas sandals, also from Topshop, which I found in the sale a few years ago for £2! They really are unique as they are a mix of trainer and sandal. They look almost futuristic... My yellow watch by H! by Henry Holland is my everyday watch and added another hint of colour to the outfit. A few months ago I went through a phase of wearing really bright coloured lipstick and decided that my purple (130) one by Stargazer was perfect to compliment the blue of the shorts.

I'm going on holiday to Spain on Thursday and will definitely be taking this outfit with me! However, this will be my last post for a week and when I return I will hopefully be very tanned and have lots of holiday outfits to show you!

On a final note, I know I'm not alone when I say R.I.P Robin Williams. He was such an amazingly talented actor who had an incredible voice. As a child my twin and I adored Aladdin and above all else we loved the Genie. Today is a sad day. My boyfriend and twin, as well as many others, have suffered with severe depression and I really just want to say that depression is a very real problem and it's ok to seek help if you need it. Whether that be for yourself or a loved one. Just because you feel like the problem might be just in your head doesn't mean it is not real. Depression is not something to be ashamed of and there are so many people available to help! For more information or support press here.


4 comments:

  1. How much of a bargain were your shorts?! I really like the block colour detail on them! :)
    I was so upset and shocked to hear the news about Robin Williams, he was a great talent and really made a lot of my favourite childhood films amazing. It's great what you said about depression, I can imagine it's a very hard thing to go through and no one should ever have to feel worried about seeking help for it.

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they were super cheap! T.K.Maxx really can be amazing. And yes his death shocked me too. It really is sad, and depression is a hard thing for the people going through it and the people who know someone going through it. Everyone should know that there are always people who can help! No one should have to deal with it alone.

      Delete
  2. I love your shorts.The blue s lovely!

    http://forthesakeofmakeup.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird