Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Autumn wanderings

With Christmas just around the corner and autumn officially here there is no better way to spend a day then putting on a chunky pair of boots, going on a wander through crisp leaves and showing off some new clothes! Autumn is all about simplicity, dark colours and layering and a pinafore dress is a classic item that is perfect for looking super cute. Wear it over high neck jumpers or under a thick knit cardi for a faultless autumn look.










Dogtooth dress, Zara, £25.99 Available Here
Turtle neck, Forever 21, £7 Similar Here
Denim Clutch, Cheap Monday, Was £30 Now £21.60
Chunky side zip boots, New Look, £24.99 Available Here
Medallion earring necklace, Chanel, Handmade
Over the past month I have made a number of wonderful purchases and thought I would show you them in this new post. I had been in love with this dogtooth pinafore dress at work (Zara) since it came in stock and thought it was too cute not to buy with my staff discount. Even without the discount it really is a steal at £25.99 and looks amazing on it's own or layered up. Dogtooth print is really in style at the moment so you will be right on trend in this dress! I decided to layer mine with a basic grey turtle neck from Forever 21. Nothing beats a turtle neck.

My other new purchase was this amazing denim clutch by Cheap Monday. I have always loved Cheap Monday as a brand and you can really grab yourself a bargain when it is in the sale (which it often is on ASOS). The grungy feel of the brand make it perfect for autumn. This clutch is maaasssiiivvveeee and a perfect size to fit all your bits and bobs in. The text on the front makes a statement and it is perfect for either the day or a night out. ASOS had an extra 10% off there sale items which was an offer too good to resist!

To finish off the look I added some black long socks and my super comfy chunky boots from New Look. A pair of chunky boots is an essential to any winter wardrobe and I was in desperate need of a new pair after the sole of my old ones fell off from over wear. I tried lots of different high street shops but in the end found New Look was the place with the widest variety at a reasonable price. This pair stood out to me because they are simple, with good grip and a slight platform as well as the little heel. They really are the comfiest boots I have ever worn! I also decided to add a touch of bling with my beautiful Chanel medallion necklace. The necklace is hand made from a vintage Chanel earring that was put on a chain. It really is the perfect, simple necklace and I love the way it finishes off this outfit.


P.S I went to see 'The Imitation Game' at the cinema and it was amazing. If you have a chance to see it I highly recommend it!

22 comments:

  1. You look great dear! Love that dress

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-trench.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! That dress is so cute and you look fab in it :) I really like the way you've styled it with the turtle neck underneath x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polar neck layered under dress look and it really suits you!

    Emma Louise xx

    theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the look!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome dress!I think your bag is really original! :)

    Http://petiteadalid.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome dress
    love this look
    Would you like to follow each other?
    I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will go and take a look at your blog now!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post. This whole outfit it gorgeous! Just found your blog and going to follow you straight away!!
    Hope you can take a look at my blog !

    Paige xx
    Skin & Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for the follow :) I will go and look at your blog now!

      Delete
  8. Oh your dress is so amazing and I love how you layered it - you look so chic. x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect look!

    Emma, www.emmabonneaudsblog.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird