Friday, 14 November 2014

Pitchfork Music Festival, Paris

There is nothing better than to put on a pair of comfy shoes, grab your favourite bag and have a wander around a magical, foreign city for a couple of days. I was lucky enough to travel to Paris last week to attend Pitchfork Music festival. I always struggle to find outfits for festivals as you want to stand out from the crowd but be extremely comfy at the same time as you can be out for full days at a time! Pitchfork is a late night festival that starts at 6pm and carries on into the early hours of the morning. That meant I needed an outfit that was perfect for exploring Paris in the day but also one that would last throughout the night too! Luckily for me, Pitchfork is a casual festival so day outfits don't look out of place. However, comfort was definitely key!







Cotton shirt dress, MM6 by Mason Martin Margiela, Was £365 Now £35 (from T.K.Maxx), Similar Here or try your local vintage shop
Leopard Print Jacket, Ralph Lauren, Was £249 Now £49.99 (From T.K.Maxx) Similar Here
New Chancery Bag, Vivienne Westwood, £250, Similar (and cheaper!) Here
Roshe run, Nike, Was £74.99 Now £40 (from Urban Outfitters), Available Here
I decided to wear my amazing Mason Martin Margiela Shirt Dress which is effortless and stylish. I teamed this with my favourite Ralph Lauren Leopard Print Biker Jacket which is a classic and spices up any outfit. Both were absolute bargains from my favourite shop, T.K.Maxx, and really are key pieces in my ever growing wardrobe! Designer clothes really don't have to cost a lot and if you look in the right places they can be easy to find.

The key to this outfit was the footwear because I was on my feet from 11am to 2am. I have a new found love for trainers as they are amazingly comfortable whilst also adding colour and a casual flair to an outfit. My favourite are these Nike Roshe Run trainers in grey and lime green which I bought in the sale at Urban Outfitters about a month ago to wear at work. The mesh front makes them really light weight and added with the green colour makes them seem almost futuristic. I would definitely recommend that you grab yourself a pair, I couldn't live without mine!

To finish off the outfit I decide to add a bit of sophistication with my amazing 21st birthday present to myself, my Vivienne Westwood Chancery bag. This might be the only designer thing I have ever bought full price but it is amazing and a timeless classic that will give me many years of happiness. The patent and snakeskin effect make it go with any outfit. It really is the perfect size too!

This outfit is perfect for any occasion. Switch the shoes to heels and swap the jacket for a blazer, add a chunky gold necklace and ta-dah, you have the perfect evening or smart look. Or add boots, thick woolly socks, knitted cardi and a chunky scarf for the perfect winter look.

I also recommend Pitchfork Music festival. It happens once a year in Paris and is the perfect get a way. If you are interested in indie, rock, electro, pop, r'n'b, folk or hip hop this is the perfect festival for you (there really is something for everyone!). From the likes of James Blake, Belle & Sebastian, Chvuches and St Vincent, there is so much amazing music happening in a magical city. I can't wait to meet you all there next year!






12 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I adore Paris! Your look is perfect, this cotton shirt with sneakers and leopard jacket are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Paris is an amazing city! Would love to live there one day. Thank you so much for your kind comment!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it would be so much fun! I love the outfit that you chose!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this look!!! flawless

    http://deansxwolves.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  4. I like this outfit, really nice!

    http://irinasenina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit! Chic and sporty together

    http://youcancallmes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird