Sunday, 4 January 2015

New Year, 2015.

Oh how I've missed my blog! It's been a while since I have taken to my computer to type a post, I took a little break over the Christmas period (and when I say break I mean working in retail and having no free time at all!). I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas and a magical New Year. I spent the precious few days I had off visiting my Family in Sheffield and eating enough food to feed an average sized village.

2015 for me is going to be all about having fun, being creative and growing up by deciding what I want to do with my life. I think my style, especially recently, reflects this completely and simplicity and sophistication is how I love to dress.












Boyfriend Coat, Primark, £25 Similar Here
Oversized White Shirt, Zara, Was £29.99 Now £19.99 Similar Here
Leather Leggings, Topshop, £18 Similar Here
Monolit Zip Wedge Boot, Cheap Monday, Was £90 Now £40 Available Here or Similar Cheaper Here
Weekend Bag, Primark, £12 Nice Alternative Here
Medallion Earring Necklace, Chanel, Handmade
Round Sunglasses, H&M, £5.99 Similar Here
I try to avoid shopping at Primark whenever I can because the sizes never fit me properly and the quality isn't the best but when I payed a visit to the shop over Christmas to buy a present for my sister I immediately fell in love with this boyfriend black coat. They only had size 14 left but I had wanted a super big coat anyway so thought it didn't matter. I had also been looking for an black weekend bag to take all my stuff to work in and this one was a bargain at only £12! It has two giant compartments which are perfect for all your daily stuff and it looks so much more expensive then it was. People have asked me where I got it and are genuinely shocked when I say that it was under £15 and from Primark!

I got given a voucher from work for Christmas and decided to spend part of it on this lovely oversized white shirt. You really can't go wrong with a white shirt and an oversized one will give you an effortlessly sophisticated look without making you look too formal. As you can probably tell I am obsessed with everything oversized at the moment and this shirt will be a key piece in my wardrobe. Everyone should own at least one nice white shirt. I teamed this with my amazingly old leather leggings. I am in serious need of some new ones as these are at least five years old and are now seriously see through and baggy at the knees. They have lasted me though, and make an outfit more exciting than if I was just wearing plain leggings.

This outfit was crying out for amazing shoes so I decided to wear my Cheap Monday Monolit Zip Wedge Boots which I bought from Urban Outfitters about three years ago. They are my absolute favourite shoes in the world, my day heels, my best buy ever! They are so comfy because the platform on them is really big and they are made of a form of plastic so they are completely waterproof and soft on the feet. The zip at the front adds an exciting detail which I love. I also wore my medallion necklace which I've been wearing a lot recently. I love that it just adds a tiny bit of sparkle to an outfit without being too over-the-top. As it was a sunny day I also added my oversized John Lennon sunglasses which, to be honest, just make me feel cool! I can't wait till summer when I can wear them all the time.

An outfit that includes a white shirt and a lot of black is made ten times better by the addition of an amazing red lipstick. It really takes the look to the next level and makes all the difference. I was lucky enough to get given the perfect lipstick from my Auntie for Christmas. I'm wearing Bobbi Brown Rouge a Levres Lip Color in 92 Vixen Red. It is a beautiful lipstick that lasts all day and goes on really well. Investing in a good lipstick is definitely worth it because it doesn't dry out your lips and doesn't have to be frequently topped up.

What did you all get for Christmas and in the Winter sales? I hope that this year is an exciting and wonderful one for you all. Here's to lots of fun and great things.




4 comments:

  1. Great pictures and outfit. Black and white is super simple and chic. I did a similar outfit post actually if you would like to check it out!

    Happy new year, hope you had a great holiday season x

    http://v0gueandtrends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty! Nice look ;)
    Follow each other? Kiss

    http://inspirationswithm.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird