Friday, 27 March 2015

Socks & Sandals are cool.

There is an ongoing fashion debate as to whether socks and sandals should be banned from being worn together at the same time and whether the person in question wearing them should be put in isolation and frowned upon forever. I personally have never thought much of the trend/fashion mistake until... 

I was out shopping the other day, stupidly excited about the holiday to Spain I had recently booked with my sister, when I stumbled across these amazing Birkenstock Relax 200 sandals. I had been looking for some two strap Birkenstocks for a while and to my joy these ones were an amazing £25 off in my favourite shop, T.K.Maxx. I skipped home with happiness at my purchase and decided to count down the days until the summer when I could finally wear them. Then came the day of my blog photos... As I rose from my bed I looked out to see blue skies and a shining sun but as I grabbed my new sandals I realised it was still March and not quite warm enough to wear them. Disappointed, I contemplated the idea of breaking the socks and sandals rule and thought long and hard about how I would be judged, not only by my boyfriend, but by the citizens of Liverpool. After much deliberation I am now 100% a fan of "Birkensocks" and have decided to be a campaigner to get socks and sandals back on the streets!











Blazer, Edun, Was £260 Now £33 Available Here
Detail long sleeve top, & Other Stories, Gift
Jac Legging, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Was £95 Now £20
Relax 200 Sandal, Birkenstock, Was £54.95 Now £29.99 Available Here
Horse studded clutch, Asos, Was £25 Now £18
Suddenly stars sunglasses, Paul Frank, Was £98.35 Now £16 Available Here
This outfit could also be an appreciation post to T.K.Maxx which is my favourite shop on the planet and where most of the clothes in this post were bought from. I think the shop can be quite intimidating as there is so much stuff everywhere and if you don't know your designers it can be hard to know when you have found an amazing deal. However, with a little patients and a lot of sifting through rails you really can buy some stupidly cheap, amazing designer stuff. I bought a Love Moschino dress for £11 the other day! (Post to follow shortly!) I don't know why it isn't everyones favourite shop!

After deciding to wear my socks and sandals I knew I had to wear a classy and simple outfit in order to not draw too much attention to myself. I decided to wear my new Edun blazer which I bought in Manchester the other day. Again, it was in the reduced section of T.K.Maxx and I tried it on because it was there. I immediately fell in love with the fit of it on me and it's smart/casual style. It will look amazing in summer with little denim shorts. Underneath I added my & other stories long sleeve top which I got given on my birthday from my amazing Twin. It is her favourite shop and this top was an excellent choice as a gift. It goes with everything but the design on the front also makes it more interesting than a plain long sleeve top. The material is super soft too!

On my bottom half I wore my Marc by Marc Jacobs Jac Leggings (from, you guessed it, T.K.Maxx) which are a really nice alternative to jeans. They are really thin and light on making them so comfortable and nice for the summer. They have small stripes on them (almost like chords) which I love. As mentioned before, I had wanted some Birkenstock sandals before as they are the only sandals without a back strap which stay on my stupidly narrow feet. I have to wear the two strap ones for extra security so these ones are perfect. To accessorize I added my amazing horse studded bag which I bought a few years ago off ASOS. They did a cat one too which I bought my sister. It is really unique and the perfect size to fit all my bits and bobs. And finally, I wore my Paul Frank sunglasses in celebration of the sun!

What do you think of the socks & sandals look? I hope this look has won you over and I will soon be seeing many Birkensock wearers on the streets :)


27 comments:

  1. I love T.K.Maxx too, but honestly sometimes I hate going through their shop. -Too much stuffs to look through like you said. Now I shop more from their online site. But there's no denying they do have some wonderful things. :-)
    You look great. I like your choice of sandals and the blazer is everything . :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do have to be really patient and look through absolutely everything! It is great though. Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of this trend, but sometimes it looks great.
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a love it or hate it thing! I used to hate it but I think sometimes it can definitely work!

      Delete
  3. You look amazing dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/03/mickey-faces.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. cooooool!!!!!!!!!
    L.O.V.E.!♥ ♡ ♥ ♡
    Check my blog!!!! :CHIC STREET CHOC
    follow for follow on Instagram?<a
    waiting for u!
    -Italian fashion Blogger living in Moscow-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you pull off the sock-sandal look extremely well ;) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look, but I am definitely not brave enough to pull of socks and sandals!

    CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally could! I think it just depends on what socks and sandals they are!

      Delete
  7. You pull of the sock/sandal trend really well! Love the oufit!

    G.J - Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bizarrely, I'm actually really feeling the socks and sandals! You may have your first convert right here. And, after all, that's how it starts! Oh, and your bag is super cute btw x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I'm glad I've converted at least one person hahaa. And thank you, I never really liked clutch bags until I got this one! xx

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome. That's how revolutions begin! x

      Delete
  9. I just can't get into the Birkenstock trend, but I do admire socks with sandals. A bold move!

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't for everyone. I saw the Olsen twins wearing them and I was sold!

      Delete
  10. I must confess... I'm not for socks & sandals! xD But you are really bold!

    ♥ Mac ♥
    gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely understand not being a fan! It took me a long time to convert to the trend.

      Delete
  11. Great casual look, I love socks and shoes but only shoes with heels!!!! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a man I think Birkenstock sandals adidas slides Nike slides all look great with socks man or a woman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird