Wednesday, 27 May 2015

In Search of Inspiration.

To tell you the truth, lately I have been feeling uninspired. Just when I thought the weather was getting better it got worse. The exciting summer outfits had to be returned to the wardrobe and my enthusiasm for outfit posts declined. This was followed by the sudden passing of my amazing Grandma which obviously left me feeling sad and in need of time to mourn. My blog got left alone and, although it wasn't forgotten about, it became harder for me to find the motivation and inspiration to return to it and write. After having some time off work to clear my head, relax and catch-up on sleep and with the UK general election results (which I am far from happy about) I felt it was time to become the pro-active and creative person that I used to be. I don't want to just sit around and think of things I wish I had done or could of help change. My blog is a way for me to express myself and although it's time consuming at times I love to do it. The time has come for me to return to it and write.








Hat, Lili & Poppy, Gift Similar Here
Jumper, & Other Stories, Gift Similar Here
High Waisted Boyfriend Shorts, Vintage, £5
Black Patent 8 Hole Boots, Dr Martens, £31 (from eBay)
New Chancery Bag, Vivienne Westwood,
 £250
I had taken these photos before the blog break and thought I should use them for this post to get me back into the swing of things. Although this outfit is fairly simple I absolutely love it. It's made up of a collection of my favourite pieces. I got given this jumper from & Other Stories for my birthday and have wanted to wear it in a post for a while. The material is thick and soft and I just love the slouchy fit of it. I love monochrome coloured jumpers and everyone should have a key white one in their wardrobe. I also decided to wear my slouchy high waisted shorts which I bought from a vintage shop years ago. I often find shorts are too short and uncomfortable but these are perfect and I can't wait to wear them in the summer with a crop top or sleeveless shirt tucked in.

To finish off my outfit I put on my patent Dr Martens which I bought for a bargain price on eBay a few years ago. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I like the patent effect but for such a cheap price I couldn't resist buying them! If you are looking for a perfect pair of boots for the winter then Dr Martens really are the only choice. They are thick, warm and hard - wearing - definitely a good investment.  I wanted to keep my accessory choices simple to match the outfit and thought my Vivienne Westwood New Chancery bag was the perfect choice. The patent effect matches my boots and it adds another element of sophistication. It is the perfect size too! I thought the outfit needed one more thing to make it perfect and so I put on my Lili & Poppy hat. It's amazing what a hat can add to an outfit and this one is pretty cool. It makes the outfit slightly more alternative which I love.

Simplicity in an outfit doesn't mean it is boring. This outfit is something I would wear everyday and the simplicity of it is what I love about it. I feel inspired once again by the everyday outfits that I enjoy wearing. I've found in the past that I have tried to over-think an outfit but the truth is, when I do that I am often not happy with it. I feel this blogging break has been good for me and my next outfit posts will be better and more "me" than ever before.

22 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Grandma, hope you're doing okay. I love this outfit especially the hat! xx

    A Fashion Tale // UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm ok now thank you. Thank you for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  2. Nice! Beautiful look ;)
    Kiss

    http://inspirationswithm.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/05/freedom.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been feeling the same way lately but it's great that you're back! loving the outfit :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to constantly be thinking of new ideas especially when a lot is happening in your life. I hope to keep it up though! Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  5. Gah! The weather has been a joke recently :/ I do love this outfit though X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has. I hope it gets better. I love England but I'm definitely living in the wrong country! xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry about your grandma and yea the election really had people disappointed. Lets all hope for the best. You look good. :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed week ahead. :))

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! Hoping for the best is definitely the way forward! Hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  7. Such a great outfit. I'm loving the hat and Dr Martens especially. And that's such a cute bag x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sending you a big hug hoping that you will feel better soon! ♥
    In any case... your outfit is beautiful!

    ♥ Mac ♥
    gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hug! I'm slowly healing... Your comment means a lot! xx

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird